MTN Ghana has reasserted its dominance in the telecoms industry by receiving ten prestigious and sought-after prizes at the Ghana Information Technology and Telecoms Awards (GITTA) in Accra in 2021.
This year’s event was the 11th, and MTN Ghana took home the most trophies, continuing a pattern that began with its participation in the GITTA Awards many years ago.
The awards won include;
- Customer Experience of the Year
- Excellence in Social Investment
- Mobile Data Service Provider of the Year
- Mobile Money Leadership Award (MTN MoMo)
- Network Operations Team of the Year
- Customer Service Team of the Year
- Most Promising Customer Service Personality of the Year – Lawrence Akosen
- Most Promising Customer Service Personality of the Year – Salihu Abu
- Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of the Year (Thomas Motlepa), – MTN Ghana
- CEO of the Year (Selorm Adadevoh), CEO- MTN Ghana
Four MTN employees got personality awards in addition to the highly prized industry awards. Mr. Selorm Adadevoh, the CEO, was named CEO of the Year, while Thomas Motlepa was named CTO of the Year.
The event’s Most Promising Customer Service Personalities were Mr. Lawrence Akosen, Senior Manager, Customer Experience Planning & Enablement, and Mr. Salihu Abu, Senior Manager, Customer Relations and Credit Management.
“I am happy MTN has once again been recognized for its dedication to customer experience,” MTN Ghana CEO Selorm Adadevoh stated in response to the awards. It’s interesting that all of these honors come at the same time as our 25th-anniversary celebration when we’re thinking and celebrating our customers and stakeholders for believing in and working with us.”
Congratulations on obtaining the CTO of the Year award, Thomas. Over the years, Thomas has made sure that we invest in the correct current technology so that we can continue to fulfill our mandate of providing reliable communications services across the country. Lawrence and Salihu deserve praise for their devotion and attention to ensuring that customers are thrilled, engaged, and served at all touchpoints. I say ayekoo to the entire MTN Team for all of their hard work, sacrifices, dedication, and commitment to the brand,” he said.
The awards were presented by Selorm to MTN customers, stakeholders, and the general public in Ghana.