Following the revisions to WhatsApp’s privacy policies, there has been a boom in Telegram users all around the world. If you use Telegram for its unique features, you should be aware of how Telegram groups are formed these days. So, have you become tired of being added to odd groups by your friends or others? Here are three methods for preventing your name from being added to Telegram groups.
There are a few options for preventing someone from adding you to groups. Allowing your contacts to add you to groups is one option while blocking people who continually adding you to groups is another. Details can be found here.
Allow Your Contacts Only
- Open the Telegram app and tap the hamburger menu on the left to proceed to “Settings.”
- Next, select “Privacy and Security” from the settings menu.
- Select “Groups & Channels” from the privacy settings page.
- Change “Everyone” to “My Contacts” in the “Who Can Add Me” section.
Random persons who aren’t on your contact list won’t be able to add you to Telegram groups if you do this.
You can also make exceptions for certain folks. For example, in the “Exceptions” section below, you can restrict certain contacts from adding you to groups.
Block the person
Another option for avoiding being joined to random groups is to recognize such persons and then block those who continue to add you to groups. To block someone on Telegram, follow these steps:
- Go to Telegram’s “Settings” section.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Privacy and Security.”
- At the top of the screen, you’ll find “Blocked Users,” which you should tap.
- On the next page, touch the option “Block User,” then select the contact you want to block.
- On the next pop-up, confirm it by tapping on “Block User” once more. That’s all there is to it; once you’ve blocked someone, they won’t be able to add you to a group.
This is how you can prevent random Telegram groups from adding you. Stay tuned for more similar hints and tips!